2017 Class Gift Campaign: Your SICE Legacy
Directed by Students. For Students.
4 Steps to Make Your Lasting Legacy
- Determine your philanthropic interests. There are a number of areas that your first gift can impact.
- Deans Fund: provides unrestricted support for critical and otherwise unfunded research, programs, and operational needs
- Student Support Funds [Computer Science, Informatics, or Information and Library Science]: provides scholarships and learning opportunities for students in respective field of study
- Make your gift. Either make your gift online or by visiting the Student Recognition Celebration ticket pickup on the following days:
- Tuesday, April 25 – Lindley Hall Lobby, 10-2PM
- Wednesday, April 26 – Info East Lobby, 10-2PM
- Thursday, April 27 – Info East Lobby, 2-6PM
- Friday, April 28 – Info East Lobby, 9-1PM
- Feel good about your donation. Private dollars are critical to the success of the School. Tuition dollars alone do not pay for the cost of your education. Plus, there are many restrictions on how those dollars can be spent. In essence, private dollars transform a good institution into a great institution, like the School of Informatics and Computing.
- See your name on the plaque! All seniors, masters, and Ph.D. students who graduate in 2017 and donate at least $20 prior to May 12 will be recognized on a plaque in the Informatics East lobby.
Your Questions. Our Answers.
Who is leading this initiative?
The SICE Student Alumni Council focuses on engaging students and young alumni through fundraising and social events, develops a successful student-giving campaign, and promotes a culture of giving.
Why should I make a gift? I pay tuition.
Tuition dollars do not cover the full cost of attendance. Private gifts help make up the difference between state support and tuition. The School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering relies on these gifts to support the advancement of students and faculty.
When you give to SICE, you will be helping to support initiatives such as these and much more:
- Provide leading curricula and facilities
- Produce groundbreaking research
- Grant scholarships to the most talented & deserving students
- Attract and retain the top faculty
- Recruit and support women and underrepresented groups
How much should I give?
For 2017 graduates, we suggest a gift of $20. However, we need gifts at all levels to be successful.
How will our donations be used?
When you make an annual gift in any amount, you enable us to provide the highest quality IT education, to produce leading-edge research, and to honor our commitment to diversity. Our annual giving program aims to secure annually renewable philanthropic support for four areas of particular need:
- Dean’s Fund (provides unrestricted support for critical and otherwise unfunded research, programs, and operational needs)
- Computer Science Student Fund (provides scholarships and learning opportunities for students)
- Informatics Student Fund (provides scholarships and learning opportunities for students)
- Information and Library Science Student Fund (provides scholarships and learning opportunities for students)
What do your peers say about giving?
“I give because SICE has equipped me with the skills, experience, connections, and confidence to go into the workforce ahead of the curve. I want the same, if not better, for future students.”
-Jenna Elkins `15
“I gave because I wanted to make sure future students have the same opportunities that I had at SICE.”
-Alex Li `15
Does my gift only support SICE?
Every dollar goes directly to the School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering.
What will I receive if I give?
Your lasting impact – enhancing the reputation of the School – will increase the value of your degree. Plus, you will have your name placed on a donor plaque. All seniors, masters, and Ph.D. students who graduate in 2017 and donate at least $20 prior to May 12 will be recognized on a plaque in the Informatics East lobby.