Global Talent Attraction Program
This program aims to bring together and manage all activities that have high impact on attracting talented students from anywhere in the world to our programs here at the School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering (SICE).
The first initiative under this umbrella program is the International Summer Research Fellowship Opportunity (Summer 2018) to bring high achieving undergraduate students from prestigious international universities to Indiana University during summer to work with our faculty.
International Summer Research Fellowship Opportunity
- $4,000 stipend (self-arranged travel and transportation)
- Access to campus facilities (libraries)
- Wireless internet and computer lab access
- Social events
- Research mentorship with faculty and graduate students
- Interacting with a community of scholars
- Learn about SICE graduate programs
- Exposure to IU campus and all its resources
GTAP participants are expected to participate full-time during the 8-week program. Participants may not enroll in classes, concurrent summer programs, or hold other employment during the period of the program. Program start and end dates can be modified.
- Full-time undergraduate student in an international accredited university
- Program duration: 8-10 weeks during the summer months of May through July
- Submit materials: via email to Karen Kenny, Administrative Assistant
- email@example.com (GTAP on the subject line)
- February 1, 2018
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume highlighting top academic and research performances
- A letter detailing your interest research area to be conducted
- Recent transcript
- A recommendation letter from a faculty member at your home institution