Fall 2016 HCI/d Portfolio Guidelines and Requirements
All HCI/d applicants are required to submit a portfolio as a single PDF document/file which can be uploaded with your application in the e‐app system. Portfolios do not necessarily need to include only HCI or design work samples‐they may include any sort of samples of your prior work. Do not worry if you do not have a lot of prior work of every kind of prior work to show‐not every applicant is expected to have every type of experience. Focus on quality, rather than quantity. The list below is not exhaustive and only illustrates the kinds of things you may wish to include, but not limited to:
Curricular materials you have developed
Design competition entries
Design work, any form
Professional work of any sort
Published papers or essays
Samples of program code or other forms of engineering experience
Strategic design plans or other evidence of entrepreneurial experience
Undergraduate course work
Web site designs
Writing samples – creative writing, research papers, and/or technical/professional pieces
- Portfolios can be submitted only once. No revisions or updates will be allowed.
- Portfolios must be submitted by the application deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Your portfolio must be submitted as a PDF. No other format will be accepted. If your PDF is larger than 2 MB, you must provide a PDF document that provides the link from which the portfolio can be downloaded.
- Your Portfolio PDF document/file can be in the portrait or landscape mode.
- Your Portfolio PDF document/file must be on 8.5 inches by 11.0 inches.
- The first page, you must include a title page. The title page must include your last name, first name, and IU e‐App Number along with the following statement: “I certify that the work included in this portfolio is my own original work. Work included which was conducted as a part of a team or other group is indicated and attributed as such‐ the other team members are named and a true description of my role in the project is included. You must sign this statement to certify the originality and proper attribution. In the event that any work you provide in your portfolio is improperly represented in terms of authorship, your application will be dismissed without review.
- If your Portfolio PDF document/file is longer than 10 pages, you must include a table of contents as the second page, and you may do so even if your PDF files is shorter.
- If you failed to upload your portfolio with your application in the e‐app system and your PDF document/file is smaller than 2 MB you may send it as an email attachment to email@example.com by the application submission deadline. Portfolio submissions received after the application deadline will not be accepted.
- If you have questions about the portfolio, email firstname.lastname@example.org.