Information Technology (IT) Leadership Specialization in Master of Information Science
The Specialization in IT Leadership will provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need to be successful information technology leaders.
This specialization will prepare you to work as an information technology leader in both the private and public sectors.
The specialization will appear on your transcript.
Requirements (Minimum 36 Credit Hours)
M.I.S. Requirements (18 cr.)
You must also complete the digital literacy requirement.
Specialization Requirements (18 cr.)
Students are required to complete the following courses (12 cr.):
- Z555 Strategic Intelligence (or the approved I399 version)
- Z605 Internship -or- Z690 Capstone
- Z556 Systems Analysis -or- Z513 Organizational Informatics (or I303) (whichever students did not take with the M.I.S. Foundation Requirements)
- Z643 Information Industry -or- Z512 Information System Design
Choose 6 credit hours from the following list of ILS courses:
- Z514 Social Aspects of Information Technology
- Z518 Communication in Electronic Environments
- Z534 Search
- Z541 Information Policy
- Z542 International Information Issues
- Z551 Management for Information Professionals
- Z604 Topics: Data Analytics and Text Mining
- Z604 Topics: Information Ethics
- Z637 Information Visualization
Professor of Information Science
Director of the Master of Information Science Program