Information & Library Science Forms
- Outside Course Approval Form
MIS students may count up to 6 hours outside ILS toward the MIS degree. Specialist (post-master's) degree students may count up to 15 hours outside ILS with approval. Students should consult with their academic adviser before registering for courses. Outside courses that are not approved before registration may not count towards the student's degree.
- Course Waiver Approval Form
If course waiver is approved, the number of hours required for the degree remains the same. The waiver allows students the option of an extra elective course rather than a required core course.
- Dual Degree Declaration Form
Students will use this form to declare a second degree that they will be pursuing, while also pursuing a graduate degree program with ILS. This form will need to be approved by ILS staff once submitted.
- Specialization Declaration Form
Students will use this form to declare their area of specialization within their chosen graduate degree program. This form will need to be approved by ILS staff once submitted.
- Audit Form
Most ILS classes are only available for credit. In general participating courses - particularly ones with labs - are not available to audit at ILS. However, check with the course instructor if interested. Use the Registrar's "Memorandum for Course Audit" form to sign up.
- Z605 forms are available on our Career Services pages.
- Z601, Z602, and Z765 signup forms are available on a separate server.
The forms below complement the Ph.D. Handbook
- Annual Progress Report/Program of Studies
- Ph.D. Outside Minor Approval Form
- Guidelines for the Qualifying Examination Paper
- Ph.D. Degree Timeline Checklist
- Z702/Z703 Doctoral Research Practicum Guidelines
- Z702 Doctoral Research Practicum I Approval Form
- Z703 Doctoral Research Practicum II Approval Form
- Z710 Doctoral Research Practicum III Approval Form
- Z765 Independent Research in Information Science is on the ILS Course Schedule page.
- ILS Application for Travel Award for ILS Ph.D. students only.
For the Fall Semester Award, the application is due September 15 (for travel conducted between August 30-January 15).
For the Spring Semester Award, the application is due February 1 (for travel conducted between January 15-August 30).
Graduate School Links and Final Steps
The University Graduate School manages the final milestones. Most forms are now online as edocs through One.IU. Review the information from the University Graduate School with regards to forms and dissertation submission.
- Request for Individualized Minor
- Request for Revalidation of Coursework
- Request for Substitution or Waiver of Program Requirement
- Nomination to Candidacy
- Nomination of Research Committee
- Dissertation Defense and submission
- Abstract and Title page signatures
- Application for Commencement