Philosophy of Mind & Cognition
It’s no secret that doctors, lawyers, computing and business professionals include philosophy within their educational portfolios to develop their intellectual abilities. Philosophy enhances skills in critical thinking, reasoning, interpretation and communication—ideal preparation for a number of professional careers.
This cognate introduces you to the philosophy of mind and intelligent systems. Explore modern philosophy and topics such as the nature of mental phenomena, logic and language, and metaphysics. Learn how to formulate valid argument structures through techniques in logic and symbolic logic.
This cognate fulfills the Philosophy of Mind and Cognition minor.
- PHIL-P 360 Introduction to Philosophy of Mind
- COGS-Q 240 Philosophical Foundations of the Cognitive and Information Sciences
- PHIL-P 250 Introductory Symbolic Logic
- PHIL-P 251 Intermediate Symbolic Logic
- PHIL-P 352 Logic and Philosophy
Select two courses from the following:
- PHIL-P 211 Modern Philosophy: Descartes through Kant
- PHIL-P 310 Topics in Metaphysics
- PHIL-P 312 Topics in the Theory of Knowledge
- PHIL-P 320 Philosophy and Language
- PHIL-P 366 Philosophy of Action